The Guy Morel Institute is seeking to recruit a full time Human Resource Officer who can effectively develop relationships with the line managers and provide modern and professional HR services to the business. The successful candidate will provide excellent assistance and support to The Guy Morel Institute employees to ensure that Training, Consultancy and Research aimed at building the Human Resource capacity to transform the Seychelles workforce are delivered by the Institute.
- Performance management – deliver performance management systems that drive a high performance culture.
- Recruitment, selection and appointment– direct and manage the recruitment and selection process, and engage line managers in interviewing and assessment procedures, and ensure the right person are appointed in the right position.
- Learning and development – align learning, training and development of staff with business priorities and monitor their effectiveness.
- Human resource policy development and implementation – develop, implement and update human resource policies across the organisation, and implement strategies which promote compliance.
- Reporting and management of human resource metrics – produce reports on key metrics, including remuneration and benefits, absenteeism and turnover.
- Employee and labour relations - process employee complaints, investigate and resolve those issues and advise management on matters related to disciplinary and grievance procedures in accordance with labour laws and employment regulations.
Induction and orientation – manage the induction and orientation process to ensure newly hired employees acclimate quickly to the TGMI culture and their new roles.
- A Diploma qualification in Human Resource Management and extensive knowledge and experience working within a HR environment.
- Ability to engage with and win the respect of leaders to successfully influence them on key change initiatives.
- Demonstrated commitment to health, safety and environmental policies and procedures, including development and training of staff in these areas.